GWA Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy... too.

Go down

Crazy... too. Empty Crazy... too.

Post  LudiCris Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:19 pm

[A black screen.

"Hurt" by Johnny Cash plays. Click to listen.]

#I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything #

[Onto the screen appears LudiCris. An hour after his electrifying match with the 911 Kid. Alone in a room, seated in a simple chair. A lightbulb swings from above, a spotlight forms on him seated below. His face bruised severely, his face and chest cut, he wipes his mouth with his hand, the knuckles of which are torn to shreds. His entire body is is covered with streams of crusted blood.]

LudiCris: Wrestling. This once was my passion.

[Images flicker of Ludi's first match, of bouts throughout his Dimaggio-like unbeaten streak. Of him applying the straitjacket to ClasyBlasy and winning the coveted CWA title.]

#What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt #

LudiCris: This once was my career.

[Grainy shots of LudiCris winning the GWA World Title... of teaming with Mr. Maniac to win the World Tag Team Title.... at the awards show winning family of the year with The Institution...]

#I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here #

LudiCris: This once was my enemy.

[Images of LudiCris and the entire GWA roster at his wife's funeral. A moving van. The small apartment from last week's promo....]

#What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt #

LudiCris: Now... it's my job. I am a contracted professional athlete. I will do my job to the very best of my abilities. But when I enter that ring, I punch that clock. And I can't wait to punch out....

I love these fans and they didn't give up on me. I thank them for that. I am honored by their affection. But I can't sit here and tell you that my love and appreciation motivates like it used to. And I can't wrestle for titles like they, in and of themselves, matter. They don't. I am raising a daughter in this fucked up world on my own. It starts with her and it stops with her. And I will give her everything she deserves. Everything my wife would have wanted her to have. It's not about the titles. It's not about the money. It's about providing the opportunity.

And provided you get in my way?

You will wish the only thing I was fighting for... was a title.
You will pray the only reason I do this is for for... the love of the game.
You will regret... standing in my way.

You will hurt.

[The image flashes of 911 wincing in agony as he is severely injured.]

Just like I do every day.

#If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way#

[Fade out.]

LudiCris

Award Winner 3x GWA Award Winner

Back to top Go down