GWA Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Title Holder in NEW GWA History is Forced to Talk Chit

Go down

The First Title Holder in NEW GWA History is Forced to Talk Chit Empty The First Title Holder in NEW GWA History is Forced to Talk Chit

Post  Martin Schiano Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:57 am

[We! Are! Previously recorded from wherever it was that Spotlight 2 took place. Just crowned Spotlight Champion Martin Schiano is backstage. He looks tired. Already injured from a neck injury sustained during the Spotlight premier and bloodied from the cage match against Riot in the Ring winner Idol Austin earlier in the night, he has just been given an opportunity to relax after a tiresome triple threat Championship-caliber elimination match against two GWA legends...and here come the cameras. Along with their microphones. How he dreads the microphones. His head is down, his elbows rest on his knees, his wrestling attire totally unchanged outside of the gleaming gold belt that now rests across his waist. He is drenched in sweat, still short of breath, but he's cognizant of his duty. He takes a moment to collect himself, corrects his posture and looks into the camera.]

I... uh...phew... I.. huuh. I didn't really get to say anything after my victory, so it makes sense that you're here. I imagine the fans and the suits expect their first champion in this relaunch to create a couple of soundbites, stoke some fires, generate some interest in future promotions... but I never took those acting classes, so I'm just going to talk to you. I've already said I'm here to collect victories and trophies and here we are, two weeks in, avenging my earlier blemishes in dominant fashion. Man, I know I'm not the big draw. I know a lot of those marks out there couldn't give a fff--couldn't care less than they already do about me. But who has this?

[He rattles the belt, more of a slap, really.]

Pssh, I dunno man. I won this... I took it, but all that people are gonna think is that Greene put the 'chip on another Schiano and he's got something in the works. And that's fine, what can I say? It's professional wrestling. Let them think that... that's how works work. I don't know how to convince people I didn't get gifted some strap besides showing up, defending it against whoever they tell me to defend against and winning in spite of it all. I don't know who gets first crack. I don't know how this works. I don't care. I show up. Do work. Get paid.

[He drops his head. It shakes. A vocal sigh escapes. He returns]

Look, I know the fans aren't into this style now. There are no Triple Jump Lightsaults. There won't be any. I'm totally different from when I was in my early 20s and, I mean, I hit the scene in my teens! But who doesn't develop? Where do you get without adaptation? I tell the commentators and announcers to call me Martin instead of "Stonelight", but it doesn't bother me either way. I recognize the past, but I'm here to compete against the best. Tonight I got to show off a slick ground game against Ludi, who knows his stuff. Before that I was throwing strikes against Austin and working the angles of the cage, which I love to do. I'll fight anyone in a cage, whenever, that's my second home. But...I'll take it wherever it has to go. My first match with Ludi was all over the place, man. I mean, my debut-- redebut against Komodo, I feel like that wasn't my best showing really, that junior or lucha or whatever style just isn't me so I don't know about that, but, I won. I slamed him out of that gogo and had some fun with the Flying Elbow. I don't know what that dude's problem with me is and I still don't really know *who* he is but if he still has problems after jacking his jaw once already--twice really--I'd be happy to do it some more. I don't think he's going to be seen as a legitimate title threat until he actually wins a match first but...

[He stops short. Looks off to the side. Wipes his brow.]

That's whatever. I need to address the business with Keith. Obviously he's my brother. He's a legend. He's had my back. The fans hated me going for that cover. But how close are we portrayed by GWA cameras? He's got Sin in his corner or nobody and that doesn't bother me, but I don't get why the fans are *SO* shocked that I recognize a chance to eliminate a threat and go for it. If we eliminated Ludi, was I supposed to hit the mat and let him grab the title too?

[His head shakes again and he stands. There's power behind this motion. The belt clinks as he shoots up. It's awesome.]

I guess the point of this is... next Tuesday, I'll be there defending against whoever is most deserving. Bring out the long lost Schianos. Bring the legends. Bring that ninja kid. I'll be there. I'll bring the strap. Hopefully we'll put on a compelling show.

[Something besides fade to black happens, but the segment is over.]

Martin Schiano

Spotlight Champion GWA Spotlight Champion
Award Winner GWA Award Winner

Back to top Go down